HST TTS really good value

ColinB

As you have probably seen from my earlier posts I am upgrading my old 30 year HST. Having solved all the pickup issues by fitting late parts I thought I would add sound. I expected to get a pack with one sound module for the power car, and a normal dcc decoder for the dummy so I could control the lights. To my amazement it comes with two sound decoders, so good one Hornby, the TTS decoders are already good value for money, but this package was even better.

Ah, but don’t you still have to buy a twin pack (when one will do) to add sound for the newly released railroad models that do not have any operations in the dummy car. Perhaps giving people the cheaper choice of one may have been more acceptable to some. A discount price for two could still have been applied.

That is exactly what I did, my model has sound at both ends. I needed a decoder in both ends anyway, as I fitted directional lighting. So even if I had not bought the twin pack, I would have needed one TTS module and one standard decoder which would have been roughly the same cost as the twin pack, which is why I was surprised it contained two TTS modules.