railmaster deactivation probs

hi
i have been in the hobby for a while now and i have owned the hornby elite for 3 years now, resently dad bought hornby railmaster for his old laptop, we installed it and had probs activating and then once activated we had to update the elite to 1.4,

once this was done i went back on railmaster and it said evaluation copy expired so i thought thats weird as i activated it earlyer, so i put the deatils and code in etc and it came up with already activated so i clicked continue and it closed on me, i done

this several times over but could not get it to work,
i belive i unistalled the programe though and reinstalled it when i was having probs with the elite as i did't know if that would help, i done that without deactivating first

im asking is there

anyway i can deactivate it myself or reset my activation code etc?
cheers
LJ

I believe the latest setup file sorts that out. Just download the setup file from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup130.exe and save it to a temporary forlder on your hard drive. When it's downloaded, right-click on the rm_setup130 file and choose "Run

as admiistrator" to install over your existing RailMaster. Should take less then five minutes.

If you're using XP you don't need to right-click the setup file, just double-click.

Hope that helps!

I have just tryed that but it is still saying the activation key has been used, i did have it working then i had probs and then if i. An recall corectly i uninstalled it without deactivating it, it will now not let me activate with my activation code,

do u know how i can somehow reset my code or something?

• 11 months later...

Error 404 returned when entering above web address.
Where are the download files kept so that you can right click and run as administrator.
Pity hornby software does not use standard download methods as it would make life easier.
Thanks

Jeez Tim, have we been having fun like this for over a year now?

Just out of interest, I had a laptop OS problem over the weekend with W7 deciding to tell me it is non-genuine due to file corruption. So attempted to fix it by restoring a disk image

from a couple of months back. This is the laptop with the expired eval RM, so I wondered if the old image would put it back into the eval period. Long story short, it didn't, which I find interesting (seems it looks at dates, doesn't count days since installation).

I will now wait with interest to see what happens after I buy and activate it - will my licensed version of the app be there to deactivate and move, or will I need the Support team to do that for me? The image is older then when I bought the app.

And

on the corruption, I'm pretty sure it has been caused by installing the latest iTunes. Lots of stuff went weird after I installed it first, and it's just gone weird again.

• 3 weeks later...
Just an update from my last post. As a by the way, I solved my Windows problem by using an old image of my hard drive in which I had updated to W8 - all now working fine.

Back to RM, the postie arrived today with my copy of the RM DVD (v1.22, so

that will never be installed). I opened the expired eval version, entered the key and activated the copy with no problems. Also, the app connected with no problem, as it had previously. However, as expected, it told me the app was in eval mode and, when I

tried to register with my app key, it told me it had already been used, also as I expected.

So I have emailed RM Support from within the program, explained the whole situation as i described here, and asked them to deactivate my key so I can activate

it again. I've already received a confirmation and will let you all know the outcome.

Just so everyone is clear, this isn't a complaint, and there is no fault on RM's part. It is all due to my Windows problem and having to instal an old image of my

HDD.

To continue, RM Support was back to me within a day saying the had deactivated the key for me. So I opened RM, then opened the app, both told me the app was in eval mode and the RM screen gave me the choice of activating, which I took. But it still didn't

work, only this time after a 10 minute delay, it suggested either I'd entered the key incorrectly, I didn't have administrator rights or I wasn't connected to the Internet.

I knew the key was correct (tried again to double check) and I knew I was connected

to the net, and it didn't make sense to me that I didn't have administrator rights as I had activated RM itself only that morning. So I asked RM Support for advice and again they came back the same day. They suggested either a change to virus protection or

that I didn't have administrator rights. They thought this unlikely, as I had, due to the RM activation but directed me to check properties on the desktop shortcut by right clicking on it, go to the Compatibility tab and making sure the administrator rights

box was checked. It wasn't, even though I'm sure I installed with administrate rights, so I checked it,tried again, and it worked.

So I am now up and running, although the mystery of how I could activate RM but not the app is unsolved. I have reported

this back to RM Support and will let you know if they have anything further.

To continue, RM Support was back to me within a day saying the had deactivated the key for me. So I opened RM, then opened the app, both told me the app was in eval mode and the RM screen gave me the choice of activating, which I took. But it still didn't

work, only this time after a 10 minute delay, it suggested either I'd entered the key incorrectly, I didn't have administrator rights or I wasn't connected to the Internet.

I knew the key was correct (tried again to double check) and I knew I was connected

to the net, and it didn't make sense to me that I didn't have administrator rights as I had activated RM itself only that morning. So I asked RM Support for advice and again they came back the same day. They suggested either a change to virus protection or

that I didn't have administrator rights. They thought this unlikely, as I had, due to the RM activation but directed me to check properties on the desktop shortcut by right clicking on it, go to the Compatibility tab and making sure the administrator rights

box was checked. It wasn't, even though I'm sure I installed with administrate rights, so I checked it,tried again, and it worked.

So I am now up and running, although the mystery of how I could activate RM but not the app is unsolved. I have reported

this back to RM Support and will let you know if they have anything further.

Archived