Pull&push set 732

Marshlander

Product Suggestion- how about the sr pull & push sets from 731-9 , which were used with M7 and H tanks in sr and br days across the south -  long reign and often photographed. Also short, making them look different. 732 for preference, Hawkhurst, Allhallows and others at Yeovil etc... 

Would be very easy to produce as everything is already available - it would probably cost more to produce the artwork for the packaging. The downside is that Hornby have already produced eight different numbered "Sets" - of which two included loco's - an M7 and an H Class. May be a surprise on the 6th January 😆.

Sets 731 to 739 were formed from former LSWR 46 foot 6 inch corridor stock which differ from the existing Hornby LSWR / SR 58 feet Maunsell non-corridors by a number of factors, not least length and arrangement of windows.

I would indeed like a set or two of these because with my layout based loosely on Gillingham in Kent from where carriages and locomotives for the Allhallows and Gravesend West branches were supplied, these would fit very nicely with my requirements. I am fairly sure I travelled to Allhallows on Sea in one of them at one time.

There is a very good book by Mike King which describes all the push/pull and motor train formations that the Southern Railway built. Unfortunately Amazon is asking silly money for a copy!! I intend to look after my copy very carefully.