Cars slow when more than 1 used

steven_robinson

Hi Steven - welcome to the forum!

It sounds like the powerbase is not delivering enough power to the track, which is unusual with just two cars - unless you have the incorrect power supply.

Can you let us know what digital powerbase you have (eg ARC Pro, 4-car powerbase, C7042 Advanced 6-car powerbase etc) and the reference number on the power supply (eg P9300, C7024, C7004, C7033 etc) - or the output rating in volts and amps if it is not a Scalextric or Hornby unit.

Also, does this happen whatever combination of the three cars you use?

Thanks

Hi Steven - welcome to the forum!

It sounds like the powerbase is not delivering enough power to the track, which is unusual with just two cars - unless you have the incorrect power supply.

Can you let us know what digital powerbase you have (eg ARC Pro, 4-car powerbase, C7042 Advanced 6-car powerbase etc) and the reference number on the power supply (eg P9300, C7024, C7004, C7033 etc) - or the output rating in volts and amps if it is not a Scalextric or Hornby unit.

Also, does this happen whatever combination of the three cars you use?

Thanks

Hello

its a Hornby C7024 powerpase. It's the original powerbase that came with the set (Digital Super GT). No matter what car combination the cars slow. 

thanks

Hi Steven - thanks for the reply.

The Digital Super GT set (with a Porsche 911, Aston DBR9 and Dodge Viper) came with the 4-car powerbase and a 15 volt 4 amp power supply. That powerbase had a power issue with four cars, but two or three cars should work fine.

Has the set worked okay in the past? If it's new to you, please do check the power supply is 15V and 4 amps (it should be marked on the underside of the 'brick') - that would explain the problem.

If the set has worked okay in the past with 2 or 3 cars and has recently developed this fault, I would check if it is either the track or the powerbase. First remove the powerbase track from the rest of the circuit. Plug it in and then run the cars just on the powerbase track (with their rear wheels in the air - you might need an extra pair of hands for this!). If the cars behave in the same way - one car good, two cars a power drop - then I think you have a faulty powerbase (or possibly power supply). You'll be looking at buying a replacement, although you could contact Scalextric Customer Services and ask nicely if they could help...

If the cars work fine on the powerbase piece, it suggests that some maintenance on the track is required - especially tightening the tabs under the track. Have a look at these tips here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/support/track-maintenance

You should also look at car maintenance too. I'm pretty sure that's not the cause, but clean and smooth-running cars will need less power: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/support/car-maintenance

I hope that helps.