One controller running all the cars

Captain Oates

Hi there

I bought a Scalextric set for Christmas to play with my kids, set it up all OK, calibrated the cars fine and then all of a sudden one controller controlled 2 cars and now it controlls all 3 cars. I've tried deleting them off on the app and reapplying and recalibrating but still no luck.

If any one knows what to do I'd be very grateful for any help.

thanks

Hello Captain - welcome to the forum!

I presume from what you say that you have an ARC Pro set? Maybe the Sunset Speedway that has three cars.

The most common reason for Scalextric digital sets to have all three cars being run by the same controller is that they are all connected (or 'programmed') to the same colour on the powerbase. This can happen if all the cars were on the track when connecting a car (page 10 of the ARC Pro Quick Start Guide) - every car on track will become connected to that colour. I would try connecting the cars - one on track at a time - to the colours you want them connected to, closely following the instructions on page 10 of the Quick Start Guide. If you have three cars, I would strongly recommend connected them (and the controllers) to red, green and blue. This makes using the app a lot easier.

Another way it could happen is if the powerbase is mistakenly turn to 'analogue mode' - which gives traditional one-car-per-lane racing. If all three cars are on the same lane, one controller will drive them all. There is a small switch on the left side of the powerbase which toggles between analogue and digital modes. Analogue is the position closest to the track, digital is the position furthest away. You will also notice the app displays the silver 'ARC Air' logo in the top right of the screen when in analogue mode and the red 'ARC Pro' logo when in digital mode.

I can't see any way of the app causing this problem, but one way to make sure is to run the cars without the app connected. If you still have the problem, then it is definitely not the app. I have written up a Guide to racing with the app, which may be useful to you, but probably not with this problem. You can find it here: slotracer.online/arc-pro-guide

Do let us know how you get on and if any of those ideas fix them problem. If not, I am sure some more problem-solving is possible - do tell us what set you have.

Good luck!