Scalextric Track Clips

MarkC66

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I am the proud owner of two analog Scalextric sets, I am looking to combine them into a single layout fixed to a base board so it can be stood up when not in use.

Does anyone know if Scalextric intend to re introduce their clips for fastening the track to a board, I see very litttle options by third party manufacturers as well.

Its seems Scalextric are getting right out of fixed layouts(all the stuff currently unavailable), yet Carrera have a heap of stuff for fixing and decorating tracks.

Anyway I'll keep searching

Regards 

Mark

Hi Mark - welcome to the forum!

You're right, the track fixing clips have not been available for a while. There might be some out there somewhere in a retailer's dusty spares box, but I imagine most have been rooted out by now. I have no idea if there are plans to reintroduce them in the future - although the new catalogue is unveiled on Monday.

Another way of attaching Scalextric track to a base board is to use a small amount of silicone sealant (silicone 'caulk' in north America). Run along the bottom edges of the assembled track, it is secure and flexible (which allows for a small amount of flexing caused by temperature changes) and can easily be removed by running a knife between track and board. Works for the borders and barriers too.

I hope that helps.