R3395 TTS not running on DC system

alan knight

Just received my first TTS fitted loco and although it runs well on my DCC circuit it will not run on DC . All my other non TTS fitted digital locos happily run on both DCC and DC. From what I have read this loco should have no problems running on DC other than no sound. Is this a fault with the loco?

You may find that DC running is not enabled on the TTS decoder.........check CV29, you'll probably find a value of 2..........if you want to run on DC as well change this value to 6.........details are explained in the TTS instructions that come with the model.........HB

I believe there has been a change in Hornby policy. Due to 'DC runaway' issues. TTS models are now shipped with 'DC Operation' disabled in CV29. Older TTS models had it enabled by default.

TIP: As this is your very first post, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

I had exactly the same issue with my sound fitted Hornby Lord Nelson, I was about to return it to Rails when I thought I would try it on DCC ( I had bought a broken Elite previously that I had fixed and not got round to using). Sure enough it worked, since then I have gone totally DCC. I must admit I only do it for the sound but it has caused me a lot of agro converting my non DCC ready locos, especially the split chassis Bachmanns.