loco s based at wolverhampton

da4472vid

I think you need to extend your question. During which year or era are you asking since

quite a few of the Kings, Counties and Castles that have been produced were shedded at Stafford Road Shed. Also note that one of the prototype diesels produced by the Danish lot was a regular at Stafford Road. If you give the dates or era I'm certain someone

will be able to look it up and tell you precisely which ones and when.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that Stafford Road was the main shed for change of loco for The Cambrian Coast Express and The InterCity plus the source shed for The Cornishman plus the change point

for cross country services from Birkenhead and Bradford to Margate, West Country and Brighton / Eastbourne you have a major choice.
Starting with Kings I have numerous phots of many of the Kings stabled at Stafford Road. On Cross Country a myriad of Halls

worked into and out of Stafford Road. The best contingent has to be the Manors and 75xxx Standard 4mt's used to take the Cambrian forward.
Castles, by default were used on 2 hour Birmingham expresses from Paddington so basically many of Paddington's allocation

could be seen overnight or stabled at Stafford Road.
One special diesel must be included i.e. Lion spent most of its GWR life between Paddington and Wolverhampton in steam days as a prototype. You'll find no end of pictures of it alongside Stafford Roads

steam.
If you want precise inventory of Stafford Road ther are Shed Allocation books that you can cross reference.
Hope this is of help. Good luck. Stafford Road was a memorable and fascinating shed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The uni will be bringing in far more money than if the site had train tracks on it!!! Think about it! Us trainys love tains, however, its all up to the blokes with money, to make more money!!!! If getting rid of lines, or trains makes them more money guess

what they will do...!!!
JLBA

Archived