DCC wiring

Elliot Fallows

Hello All,

i just made one of my first proper Hornby Layouts and decided DCC was the way to go, I also want to do some DCC bus wiring as some parts of the track the trains are unresponsive (I assumed because it was a weak signal connection) my layout has 2 mainlines and a yard with 6 lines in it. Can any suggest how I would best go about this?

There is no 'hard and fast' answer to your question. Each member on here is likely to have their own preference for wiring a 'BUS'....me included. I suggest you research the different proposals made by members in these forum pages (see below) and decide which method suits you most.

So rather than the forum membership re-inventing the wheel.

Type the word "BUS" in the 'Search Forums' box and click the green magnifying glass icon.

This should return this page (screen capture below). There are 10 pages of posts (see yellow highlight) relating to DCC wiring queries for you to review. If after reviewing these, you still have unanswered questions. Then by all means come back and ask specific questions of clarification on the end of this thread.

/media/tinymce_upload/ed04cfcd5ea328eefbc298b7c626810c.jpg

TIP: As this is your very first post, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

Particularly as my reply includes an image. If you use the blue button, any reply you write, may be held back for image approval. Even though it is already a previously published image.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/