Error Code on Elite/Factory Fitted DCC Merchant Navy

Bulleidboy

Very good to hear the old grey matter is not completely failing me & glad to have been of assistance. 

As to why the problem was created, I suspect only the Chinese know.  We stumbled upon it when replacement tender chassis frames were reported to be wrongly wired and even the Spares/QC people at Margate were nonplussed.

GS

So do I!  Anyway give that man a prize - fitted the original tender and everything is fine. So now have to take the replacement tender apart and do a bit of soldering. This was a DCC Fitted M/N Clan Line - probably from a set - bought as new - it is stamped on the bottom of the loco "DCC Fitted" and fitted, as are most Clan Line models with a 6000gallon tender. As the loco is now 35001 Channel Packet, I wanted a 5100gallon tender, which the loco ran with from rebuild until about 1961/2. Picked up a mint condition one on ebay - and then the "error" problem began.  I'm interested to know why the wiring was reversed. Thankfully a frustrating problem now sorted. Thanks everyone, especially GS for your assistance.

Exactly as i suspected, as have experienced the same trhing. Easy fix and glad it's sorted!  😉