Ferrite Chokes

RobCab

Hi,

Does anyone know the part number for the ferrite chokes used in the digital cars, or where to buy them or the technical details or graphical details of frequency versus resistance / capaticance / inductive response.

I need to buy a few and want to make sure I obtain the correct ones.

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob

The 'Ferrite Man' is made of two parts - a ferrite bead and a ceramic disc capacitor. The bead is the body, the head and legs the capacitor. The arms are the wires that come of the capacitor legs just below the ceramic disc.

The ferrite beads are a standard Scalextric part - W8424. A few vendors, including Pendle Slot Racing have them in stock. Pioneer Slot Cars use the same DPR system and sell the beads as part WR200062 - available at inaslot.com and other vendors who sell Pioneer parts.

The ceramic disc capacitor used by Scalextric is a 103M capacitor. Although Scalextric do not offer this as a spare part, Pioneer sell part WR200315 - a pack of ten 10nf capacitors.

There is a how-to thread on SlotForum that shows how the ferrite man is made: https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69733

I hope that helps.

Hi Rob

The 'Ferrite Man' is made of two parts - a ferrite bead and a ceramic disc capacitor. The bead is the body, the head and legs the capacitor. The arms are the wires that come of the capacitor legs just below the ceramic disc.

The ferrite beads are a standard Scalextric part - W8424. A few vendors, including Pendle Slot Racing have them in stock. Pioneer Slot Cars use the same DPR system and sell the beads as part WR200062 - available at inaslot.com and other vendors who sell Pioneer parts.

The ceramic disc capacitor used by Scalextric is a 103M capacitor. Although Scalextric do not offer this as a spare part, Pioneer sell part WR200315 - a pack of ten 10nf capacitors.

There is a how-to thread on SlotForum that shows how the ferrite man is made: https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69733

I hope that helps.

Hi,

Very good information.

Thank you for taking the time.

Regards

Rob