Re-magnetising

Tay00

Hi all (hope moderator accepts this).

im going to purchase a re-magnetiser and thinking of offering re- magnetisation as a service to those on this site.

just wondering if people would be interested. Thinking about £10 a motor including return postage.

would welcome your thoughts

ray00

You won't be able to administer such a service through this site because there is no 'private messaging' (PM) and if you post personal contact information such as, phone numbers, emails, postal addresses or web links to a service that you get personal financial gain from etc, then these will be removed when seen.

Your best bet is to make your proposed service available on one of the 'open source' model rail forums where such things are allowed because they support PM.

The only reason that this thread is currently being left in-situ is because at this stage you are only gauging interest and not using this thread to actually sell the service. Whether or not this thread stays visible, will depend upon the content of the posts that follow this one.

I can't help but feel that expecting a total motor refurbishment for £10 including postage is a few years behind the times for a professional service.  I have always used Scalespeed for X04-series motors, although they do cover other types, and have received excellent service, but at a higher charge.

GS 

The postage is going to cost the best part of £5.00 so £10.00 including the postage is quite cheap. An easy way to gauge it is, how much does a new neo magnet cost including postage. Unfortunately, nothing is cheap any more. The guy is obviously not charging for labour. Best way to sell the service is use Fleabay that is what I have seen other people do, there was someone on there the other day offering a ringfield rewind service. I assume Tay00 is just trying to get some work to pay for the purchase of the equipment.