None working Flying Scotsman

GSX550ES

Once again I have made a post which has 'dissapeared' as it contained an image, I followed the instructions of inserting an image, I couldn't use the chainlink @Chrissaf as I do not have the option.

But the gist of the post was to me the spring doesn't look right, I may have the wrong spring & will see the Grandson when he comes home from school so here is the unlinked link to an image

https://i.ibb.co/MkPHQry/IMG-20200316-122049.jpg

I wonder if the issues are because the forum is setup for Windows & IE, I don't use either, I'll try the Mac later with Safari.

To upload a picture using an apple device I have found it necessary to open the picture then send it to Files on the device using the square box with an uparrow in it. Save this to wherever you like - I dump mine in iPad>Akrobat. Note the image number given to it then when you use the black/white hill and moon icon choose browse and find the image you saved. This will upload.

If you grab a screen shot on your device this will respond to the same treatment but will save as a png image rather than a jpg.

The above is all due to Apples unique picture saving format which the forum doesn’t support.

I'm putting the direct link here as I do not have the chainlink option as per @Chrissaf tip 13

The 'chain link icon' will remain greyed out and unusable until such time as you use your cursor to highlight something in your proposed post. Once something is highlighted with your cursor, this could be text or an image then the 'chain link icon' becomes usable. The chain link tool is usable with a PC and also on my Android tablet, I cannot comment as to whether it works on an Apple iPad. I believe Apple iPad users can post a clickable link using a different method.

Your link made clickable:

https://i.ibb.co/MkPHQry/IMG-20200316-122049.jpg

If you are into electrics, what I did with one of mine was to make the loco pickup on both wheels and then put a two pin connector between loco and tender. Depending on the release date of your Flying Scotsman you might find it is quite easy. If you are interested I can post the details.

I've handed it back to him last night as the above photo with the too long spring, I'll await results to see if it's working, if not I'll have a go at shortening the spring, the original is furbar'd 

Broken Spring

i am trying @Chrissaf but this forum is completley different any I use or have used in the past.

The loco went back last night via my daughter not heard yet if it's successful, if not I will try to shorten the spring the old one is foobr'd

https://i.ibb.co/M6W9GDk/IMG-20200319-142921.jpg

@Chrissaf I thought I had cracked it got an image to show, but as soon as I click Reply it disappeared again, sorry but this forum is like no other I have used in the past or currently do.

When you clicked the 'Reply' button, any message relating to that action briefly appears at the top of the page. So newbies miss it because they have not scrolled back up the page to see it. The message probably said something like "Your image has been saved but has been held back for approval".

It is unfortunate that Hornby chose to implement totally custom forum software that does not in any way, shape or form, follow the processes that the 'off the shelf' forum software that you are more used to does.

This is why I produced my TIPs page....it tries to give as many 'workarounds' as possible, so that much of what can be done on most other forums can be replicated.