Automated layout

Hi there. After many years at work. Now I have time to get back into model trains and layout. So. I've purchased  rail master and installed tts decoders to my 9 so far steam locos    

The question I pose. And I already have asked support at Hornby with NO programming assistance what so ever 

Fancy in Hornby iatself no one or no staff have  done any mini programs

for steam locos coming to brake at a station or leaving a station   Eg   Brake squeal  coal shovel  door slamming  drain cocks etc  

Then on then leaving   Safety valve release guards whistle  power on  wheel slip short whistle   Etc   timing etc 

I want to do a automated layout  so a few some programming tips would be greater assist. 
has anyone done this as the examples in the automated mapping.
That's what Hornby call it  are useless and not good enough for what I would like to do 

I understand I could do with great difficulty in the recorded way to do programming some how.

But I would like to get the sequence correlate 

please post or email me om

franklesk@outlook.com

regards. Frank. Lesk

Fancy.... in Hornby itself no one or no staff have done any mini programs for steam locos coming to brake at a station or leaving a station. Eg. Brake squeal, coal shovel, door slamming, drain cocks etc

RailMaster is totally outsourced to a third party software house. It is Hornby in name only, so it is a little bit unreasonable to expect customer facing Hornby call centre staff who have never used the RM software to answer your questions. The 'call centre' staff are non technical.....they deal with sales, spares and repairs administration, not the intricate workings of the RM software which is not actually developed in-house by Hornby themselves.

Forum member "St1ngr4y" is our resident RailMaster program creation expert. But be aware that even his expertise is unlikely to give you everything on your wish-list. Mainly because there is still no 'loco detection' functionality within RM. This means that loco positioning synchronisation that is consistently repeatable for accuracy is going to be near impossible to replicate within the current program tools available within RM.

RM programs can easily replicate a sequence of sound events at a push of a button, but synchronising those to a loco position on the layout is going to be far more difficult, if not impossible, without 'Loco Detection'. I may be wrong, but I suspect that perhaps you are expecting too much from the RM software in its current form.

Your choice Ray.....nothing to stop you doing that at all....glad you had a chance to see it prior to its removal ......I'm sure that Frank will be eternally grateful for your excellent advice......I was just dealing with the post from the point of view of the Forum Guidelines.

If he hasn't already, you might ask him to come back and acknowledge that he has seen the posts above. More from the point of view of my comments explaining the role of Hornby Customer Services in response to his query to them.