Loco only runs backwards

Guest Chrissaf

I have recently gone back to my layout. When I turn it on the loco runs backwards, when I turned the loco around it still runs backwards. My layout is DCC and used to work ok previously. If I turn the power off and then back on again the loco runs backwards with no controller input. What have I done wrong?

What DCC Controller are you using?

What DCC Decoder is fitted to this loco?

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Obviously an element of DC Runaway in this but I have had a decoder fail in that first intermittantly, then all the time, the loco would not run forward, backwards was fine.  Replaced under warranty from the Mixed Freight set (so Hornby 4-pin). 

I have had the same issue with two modules, usually an issue with one side of the H bridge stage going wrong. On both occasions got the module changed. On one of my locos it happened when the track voltage accidently touched one of the motor feeds, so check the loco wheels aren't accidentally touching one of the bits of uninsulated wire that goes to the motor, or a slight short on the 8 pin DCC socket in the loco, between pins 1 and 8 or 4 and 5.

I forgot before you do anything, do as jane2 said, reset the module, this happened on a LaisDCC module to me and resetting it, cured it.