Sound Decoder Not Working [HST Loco]

Guest Chrissaf

Ive sadly just had this problem. I have been faffing about with my HST sound engines and had almost given up hope as I have the select, then I held down the select button and reselected the train and boom off the engine went! 

What exactly do you mean by "boom off the engine went!" do you mean that the loco literally went bang in a puff of smoke. Do you mean it shot off at high speed in an uncontrollable manner or something else.

You obviously know exactly what you mean, but your choice of phrase is not obvious to us mere mortals.

What sound decoder is fitted?

What firmware revision does your Select controller have (the very first numerical number to briefly appear on screen when the Select is powered up)?

Some clues to what your issue is would help a lot. What is not working, the motor control or the sounds it makes or both?

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/