Railmaster program error

I have been registering Locos  into railmaster buthave ran into an issue, aftersetting up an older hornby 4 pin chip I havea number of locos were the speed selector shows only 0 and 1mph and the locos run at full power. they have no control. The affected locos have either 8 pin or TTS sound chips. I was able to correct 2 locos by running setup and deleting the affected engines . After setting up the 4 pin again the same problem but on different locos. 

Over recent weeks this issue has been reported several times. The most recent report and the replies it generated can be read here:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/loco-speed-control-setup/?p=1

What version of RailMaster are you running. The main version number appears in the tiny little yellow box just to the bottom left of the clock. Hover the cursor over the yellow box to show the additional revision number.

Purely as an example version = 1.70 and revision = 2

[this equates as 1.70.2]

• 1 month later...

I have experienced the same problem just recently. My laptop failed in a catastrophic way losing everything and had to start from scratch with a new HP laptop. Downloading Railmaster and other software worked fine until I started reprogramming the Locos (Loco Setup) into the system. It did not occur in every case from memory but as stated the throttle control was blank. The other problem I encountered was the function settings not being saved and blank buttons on the control panel. Deleting the Loco and re entering up to 3 or 4 times fixed the problem, but very frustrating when you have 16 Looc's to re enter. Once entered, on exit the Loco control panel does not appear until you click "Locos Setup" button again.

When initially reading the address cv a message would come up stating "you have not specified a Loco therefore cv's will not be saved". It did this whether or not the Loco was specified first.

The software is much better as far as resetting after a short etc - you no longer have to remove USB and power cables to reset which became rather tiresome. It is all working again thankfully but definitely a software bug I believe.