4 6 2 steam train

Losing patience

hi I have built a new layout and all my hornby  steam trains refuse to do a full circuit , I have 2 class 37s and a class 66 not hornby they go round perfect, my steam train problem is stop start then come to a curve and the front bogies on the mallard just do not turn and derails the train, it’s a brand new train , don’t know why my flying Scotsman does exactly the same comes to a curbe straight on and you guessed it derailed, my virgin pen tool goes round half way and then comes to a stop and the driving wheels are spinning, more problems than I can cope with. Now my central dmug sometimes works you can hear the motor trying to work l a humming sound as though it’s got a jammed motor, has anyone got some clues, if not they are going in the bin 

....if not they are going in the bin.

Are your curves 'by chance', 'Radius 1' curves......these would be Hornby R604 & R605?

If they are, then I will come round and hold up the bin lid for you, so that you can put your 'Radius 1' track bits in it, instead of the locos. Modern Hornby locos, particularly steam configuration types don't like Radius 1 curves. It normally states on the loco packaging 'Radius 2' minimum.

PS - May I suggest you go into your 'Community Account' and change your 'nickname' from "Losing patience" to something that will have longer lasting usability. If you don't change your 'nickname' now, every post you raise or reply to 'forever and a day' will be shown against this 'Losing patience' display name.

Just out of curiosity what is a "virgin pen tool"? Do you mean a "Pendolino"?

And a "central dmug" has me completely stumped.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

You may want to check that your track is dead flat especially where the straight enters the corner and that the track is joined correctly and there is bot a step due to a misconnected rail joiner.

Yes, what is it with posts, you write them and read them, but once you have posted them you suddenly see all the errors. At least this site gives you the option to edit, yahoo doesn't. The other thing that seems to happen is you type faster than the webpage can update so it misses the odd character, but then you have the "texters" that are so used to texting that proper english has no meaning, like 4 means "for" rather than "four". When you have a full page of it, it is impossible to read. As for the original post, I agree too tight a bend, I hate to say it, but looking at the locos wheels and the bend that should be obvious. On steam locos when the motor hums it normally indicates either the valve gear is stuck or the intermediate gear in the loco has issue.

@462steamtrain

Not wanting to appear stupiod by asking a daft question but is your central dmu fitted with a dcc loco decoder.  If it isn't the dc motor is receiving an AC supply and will hum and not move much.  If you conctnue to feed AC power into a dc motor it will burn out.