What is it with my Loco's??? Need Help with my 'BR (Late) Class J15 '65464'

Guest Chrissaf

@ Colin :-Oh dear - doesn't sound good - have 2 b careful when buying '2nd hand' - good to know you had a few spare & Hornby didn't!!! & also you got it going again!!! Well as they say -' Assumetion is the mother of all...(insert your own word here!!!)  😉

@ Keith :- If you do have to take it apart - don't take the 'Motor Retainers / Screws' out b/c other-wise the   'Pivot Pin for Drive Shaft' will fall out & that is a real pain in the back side to put back in!!! + the tiny screw which hold the Motor Retainers are also a pain to but back b/c they are sooo small!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh did I spell it wrong then???...(well I just did say it!!! 😆) Oh well my English spelling was never all that too good - just checked my Dictionay - oh ok it's spelt 'assumption' - you know what I meant any way!!! why are you  😳 ??? I'm not...

Silly fact - Talking of 'Dictionary' - did you know that the word 'Dictionary' is actually in the 'Dictionary' - It's like - Hmmm I wonder what the word 'Dictionary means' - I know I'll look it up in the Dictionary to find out!!!  😆

Hi Folks,

New Loco arrived ok. I have run it for about 15 mins in both directions - goes like a dream! Really smooth - and goes over the points with no issues - unlike my two other 0-4-0 locos.

One question - did you glue the extras in place or just snap and leave? Also the bag has another coupling - but there is on on already, so is that a spare? I couldn't see how it would fit on the front!

Keith

Well that is 2 questions really Keith!!!  😆

did you glue the extras in place or just snap and leave?

just snap and leave

The bag has another coupling - but there is on on already, so is that a spare? I couldn't see how it would fit on the front!

Did your spare bag look like this???...

/media/tinymce_upload/e29bf5289b76ccb07912cf5119c4add0.JPG

If so then...

/media/tinymce_upload/633337becf06e17b8672dc4560a361e2.JPG

Glad to hear that your Loco Runs well @ the moment!!!

Hope this helps  😀