Programing Train Tech decoders with E Link

I am running Railmaster Pro with eLink on a Windows 10 Pro Surface. I have successfully programed Locos and run them on my new layout. I have installed a number of Train Tech decoders - 2 x for signals (SC1) and 4 x 4 way (PC2) for points.

I am struggling to get them programmed to allow point and signal control via Railmaster.

I have spent some time looking at the Guide and Forum - I am still confused as to the exact process. I have allocated the points Port nos 5-8, 9-12,13-16,17-20.Signals Port Nos 21 22 and 25 26.

I open track design page and select (right click) the relevant points/signals on the plan.

The dialog box opens and I select the correct Train Tech signal or points decoder and set up as below:

/media/tinymce_upload/c68dd9575e4f6716123b3638ac6c0148.JPG

Then I close the box with the x (I know that this saves the setting as when I re open it all the settings are retained).

I save all settings and exit the design screen.

I then go to the operational screen where I select Program acessory decoder and select the Train Tech signal, write '25' into the port box, push the learn button on the decoder (the signal now falshes red/green) and click the bottom left write tab - new dialog button opens saying 'please wait programming accessory decoced', this then finishes and disappears - after this the signal continues to flash.

/media/tinymce_upload/8fb1ebb491394a80e0dee6897a4bcc52.JPG

So not changing to a solid colour as expected.

I guess I am doing something dumb - appreciate some gentle guidance

Thanks 

Phil

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the Forum. I haven't programmed TrainTech points decoders before, but I have quite a few TrainTech signals. The way to do it is not to exit the layout designer, but keep open the configuration window for the signal, while you put the signal into "learn" mode. When the aspects on the signal start to flash, use the RED test button to program the signal. This button is just to the right of the  words "Reverse Polarity" in your top picture. When the programming is complete, the signal aspect flashing should stop and the GREEN aspect should be showing. By the way, in the centre column of that window you should also choose the type of TT signal which you are configuring i.e. number of aspects. Unfortunately, Railmaster doesn't yet cater for TT signals with feathers (route indicators).

Ray

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Many thanks Ray - it worked like you new it would!

Same system for points and signals  - just use the correct screen.

So now have a new list of uncovered mechanical and electrical 'teething problems' to solve - back under to board with a drill this weekend.

Much appreciated

Phil