Working on Insulation board

Neil AP

Hi Team,

I have my layout on a large piece of insulation Board. For various reasons I'm having to re lay my track. Some of the track isn't now completley flat so I need to pin it down. Because I am using Insulating board, the normal track pins aren't really doing the job of holding the track down so my question is...  Is there a longer pin that I can use or an alternative idea on the solution for this. I don't want to glue my track down.

Big thanks

Any ideas gratefully recieved

Neil

I assume you are using Hornby track pins, use Peco ones they are twice as long, but very thin. My layout runs on insulation board, I use very thin screws to hold down the points. Peters Spares or EBay do the screws, in the case of EBay probably from China.

Yes, I am pretty sure I used the screws from Peters Spares, they are very thin and quite long. Most of my track has a about 1/16" cork underlay, but they stay in that and the insulation board. You normally have to drill holes in the point to take them, obviously they are not going to be that strong as they are going into a pretty soft material but they seem to work ok. I found that track pins on points didn't work very well at all because really you need to put them about every 5 sleepers of flexitrack, which you cannot really do on a point.