Function redefinition

ColinB

On my Hornby Tornedo steam loco, I have a function decoder in the loco to do the lights, and in the tender I have the normal DCC socket for the DCC decoder. Now when the main decoder was a normal decoder, there was no issue F1 turned on the auxilary function on both decoders similarly F2 did the same. I decided to change the decoder in the tender to a TTS decoder and of course F1 and F2 are different between decoders. Now I know it is possible by changing CV to remap F1 and F2 on the function decoder so they operate on different functions. So how do you do it? The function decoder is a LaisDCC, but I can handle what CV or in my speak register to look for, I just need to know what you have to do? 

@RAF96   I am not trying to remap the TTS,  I am trying to remap the LaisDCC function decoder. howbiman  gave me a link to the manual that explains everything, so I am all set. I think at the moment LaisDCC and Zimo are the only ones selling function decoders and for this case where I am only controlling cab lights and firebox glow, the LaisDCC is perfect (small and cheap).

Colin, as a matter of interest. I assume you have given both decoders the same address which is why you need to remap some of the functions. Why can't the Lais decoder have it's own address as it is a function only device. That way you would call it up first and switch on the functions e.g. F1 & F2 for cab light and f/b flicker then start up the TTS on it's own address and operate in the normal way without affecting the Lais?..........HB

Thanks howbiman, I never thought of doing that. There is absolutely no reason not to. I suppose the reason was I bought a second hand loco with it set the way, I was trying to do it, but that gives loads of issues if you want to reset the decoder. I will do exactly that, map them to two different addresses, that is much easier.