Locomotive not listed in RailMaster database.

Guest Chrissaf

๐Ÿ˜Žย hello this is first time posting for me .hope i can get help here.i have bought new loco class 66 in yellow freightliner coulors loco number 66623.dcc ready i have put in hornby sound chip.sound works great BUT the loco is not on railmasters loco list .it does not show on list.i am runing on another loco i.d on the list.To me loco runing slow.ALL so i keep getting text from rail master to send info on chip saying its not hornby chip and send them cv line 7 and 8.sorry for asking i am new to all this dcc and traning hope sombody can understand wot iam going on abaut thank you

I have put in a Hornby sound decoder. Sound works great BUT the loco is not on RailMasters loco list. It does not show on list. I am running on another loco I.D on the list.

I am assuming that this Hornby sound decoder is a Hornby R8121 TTS decoder. But this TTS decoder is only currently showing as 'pre-order' so that would infer that either you have been lucky to get the R8121 before the Hornby product page has been updated OR you have installed a different TTS decoder that is similar - (R number unknown).

If you have indeed got a R8121 then it is probably too early for HRMS (Hornby RailMaster Support - who are a sub-contracted software development house), to have included the R8121 into the database.

If you have installed a different TTS decoder instead, then you need to know the Rxxxx number for that decoder to complete the next stage.

Rather than re-invent the wheel. A very suitable and relevant reply was given to a question yesterday. Follow link below to read it. Basically, when fitting a TTS decoder as an after-market decoder to an existing Hornby loco. You search for the R number of the TTS decoder, not the R number of the base loco it is fitted to. OR if not yet listed you manually enter the labelling on the 'sound function' buttons.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/dcc-programing-function-buttons-in-railmaster/?p=1

With regard your supplementary comment:

I keep getting text from RailMaster to send info on the decoder saying its not a Hornby decoder and send them CV line 7 and 8.

The CV7 & CV8 values held in the decoder are numerical codes that define who manufactured the decoder and the decoder type or model. It is not uncommon for these CVs to be misread and result in incorrect value data being shown.

Since you claim that the decoder is a Hornby one, then these values are probably misread and not displaying valid Hornby codes. If you double click the CV7 value you will get a pop-up list where you can manually select the decoder you have installed (if it is in the list). With the correct decoder type selected from the pop-up list, 'Save' the changes to the loco and you should hopefully find that control of the loco will be improved.

You also wrote:

I am running on another loco I.D on the list.

You haven't told us which loco Rxxx number [i.D] you chose. If the loco R number you chose ended in XS then this loco contains a Loksound sound decoder and would very likely result in a fitted TTS decoder not functioning 100% correctly.

This is a very long reply. Please do not use the 'Blue Button with White arrow' to reply ... see TIP below:

TIP: As a newbie first time poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also โ€“ further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/