Break in Bus Wire?

WelshTyneside

Hi all. This week has been a wiring week for my first layout and I've fitted a T shaped bus wire under the board with the Hornby select centrally located. What I want to know is this: I read on a bus wiring guide that I should have a break in my track circuit ovals somewhere as there is one in the bus wire. Is this necessary? And if so - why? And where is the best place for it? And crusicLly, how? Is it simply a case of insulating fish plates?

I read on a bus wiring guide that I should have a break in my track circuit ovals somewhere as there is one in the bus wire...............Is this necessary? And if so - why?

I could spend hours writing reams of text answering this question in detail, most of which would be so technical you would probably not understand anyway.

The 'BUS Wiring Guide' you have been reading has obviously been written on the premise of providing "best engineering practice principles". Yes a break in the track (I know exactly what this guide is suggesting in this concept) is technically beneficial, but only if you have a very large 'exhibition' sized layout of several hundred feet.

For an average domestic layout you can safely ignore this recommendation.