Usb link keeps failing

/media/tinymce_upload/0c0b641d91a125019b83dcacd5564df8.png

/media/tinymce_upload/e4b7237a75ce7899b881e8266bcbaacd.png

II installed Railmaster yesterday. This error comes up about every 20 seconds after i tick and  it resets. The icon for the elite goes green then greys out when the error comes up I tick, it works for another glorious 20 seconds then triggers the error. As you can see i can access the other parts of the software.

I am running windows 10 on a new acer aspire laptop. I do have an older laptop running windows 8 if you think that would help. I am assuming it is a driver issue and show the current driver in the screen grab. I have tried windows 8 compatibility mode to run the railmaster

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming it is a driver issue......

Your screen grab from 'Device Manager' shows a perfectly normal and expected entry.

No it is not a driver issue. It is because your 'railmaster.ini. file is not yet optimised for your specific set-up and needs some manual amending.

Now you haven't actually said what controller, eLink or Elite you are using with RM, but from your issue description I strongly suspect it is an eLink.

In Railmaster open the 'Help Screen' and click the blueish COG icon in the bottom left corner and follow the 'on-screen prompts' to open the .INI file editor.

Look for this line:

Reset eLink on start=1

If it is present and has the value 1, change the value to 0 and save the change and exit RM. If the line above is not present, then manually type it in with a =0 value.

Now restart RM and test again for the reported issue.

If after performing this .INI file edit, you still have some communication issues with the controller, then look at this previous thread (originally written for RM version 1.70.2 but still valid for version 1.72) and follow the guidance in it. Pay particular attention to the request to re-type certain lines at the end of the file ... this is an important step and should not be overlooked.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/adding-the-hornby-r8213-dcc-select-controller/?p=1

If you are indeed using an eLink, then I suggest that your starting point values for the two lines documented in the post are both set to =1

If you are using an Elite, then I suggest your starting values for these two lines are both set to =0

/media/tinymce_upload/e7ef1350386f97156b0d6705fd6d4eac.gif

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/