County class Coupling Rod screws

I'm having a job trying to find Coupling Rod screws for my county class (R392) loco.

The ones I need are the short (no shoulder) screws.  Does anyone know if these screws for another loco will also fit?  If not, does anyone know where I can get them.  I've tried eBay but alas, they seem to sell only the large shoulder varierty which no good for what I need.

I also need them to be in silver - not black.

Thank you

SDD

The screws S.1014 are the short shouldered type, which were used for all single coupling rod to driving wheel applications until the change to the hex head screws.

The screws S.1005, are the smaller, non shouldered screws, used to fit into the crank pins, mostly on locomotives with Walschearts valve gear.

S.1010 are the long shouldered screws, used to connect a connecting rod and coupling rod to the driving wheel with no valve gear, usually with spacer S.2014.

For example, the GWR Hall Class, R.759.

The Service Sheet for the County 4-4-0, shews crank pins on the leading driving wheels, but the screws are numbered as S.1010...which would be too long in that position.

I would believe that they should be S.1005.

Unless the leading driving wheels were shewn as fitted with crank pins in error, in which case S.1010 would be correct...as used in the same position on the LMS Compound locomotives...

/media/tinymce_upload/8b9365c1c05ed24e7702b024c7f9eefa.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/b1723cd745f76309ccaea2248136bae5.jpg

The LNER Shire 4-4-0 of the same vintage, which has valve gear, uses the S.1005 screw into the crank pin...

/media/tinymce_upload/1bf2198198b89579c005b8b6d40f8a7c.jpg

I pondered this conundrum too.  I think the service sheet illustration is in error - it should not show extended crankpins on the leading driving wheels, and the illustration and the list of parts gives just one wheel/wheelset part number for both leading and trailing drivers.  S1005 would indeed be correct if an extended crankpin with flats to take Walschaerts valvegear cranks is fitted, but I believe the County did use S1010 in the same way as the Bulleid on sheet 132, both having simplified valvegear.  S1014 also has a shallow shoulder to allow the connecting rod to rotate so neither S1010 or S1014 screws are shoulderless, only S1005.............