Hogwarts TTS - No longer moving, but sound is ok

LeeBow55

Hello there,

Random one, just had teh new (only 4 weeks old) TTS Hogwarts running on my layout just fine. I was even videoing it about 5 minutes before.

After it being stopped for a station stop, it then would no longer move forwards or back at all. The TTS sound was starting the sound in line with the speed control, but the loco just wouldnt budge. No gentle budges have kicked it into life.

I have put it onto the programming track and reset the CV8 to 8. But still no luck

I will call the Model Shop tomorrow, but any other troubleshooting advice would be great please. Due to the sound etc I would assume its not the decoder?

Check the valve gear is not stuck or it could be one of the wires to the motor has fell off. I don't know if this loco has one but if it has, check the 4 pin connector that connects tender to loco is fully pushed in (do this first). Generally if the motor control on the decoder goes it takes the decoder with it, so usually no sound. I suspect there is something wrong with the motor wires from the dcc socket. The two inside pins on the 4 pin connector from loco to tender are the motor wires, check one hasn't fell out.

well this isnt what I expected......After still being able to use the other locos on the layout I didnt think to just power off the Controller (Elite with Select walkabout)I had obviously removed the loco from the layout, so considered that as removing power from the loco. I didnt think the controller would have gone flaky like thatOh well - its all up and running now