Crossovers [10/14 Layout Plan using DCC]

Guest Chrissaf

No idea what 10/14 is?  Is that the so called Corner layout?  If so, there are problems as it has least two reverse loops on the plan which must be isoalted and fed from a reverse loop module.

Post needs moving to the DCC section please.

My 10/14 layout has a problem running with my Select controller, as it cuts out when points are changed to go through. Can any boby help please?

We need to see a schematic of your track plan that is annotated with the following.

• The location of your Select controller connection.
  • Details of any other wiring connecting to your layout track.
  • The position of the points (what route through the layout is selected) when the Select 'cut-out' occurs.

Without this information we can only give broad brush suggestions based upon guesses.

Also, is this issue something that never happened before and has only just started happening.

OR

Is it a new layout and this is happening from the very first test run of your trains.

See TIP 8 in the TIPs page below regarding 'How to post an image'.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Is it the 'Corner Layout' documented above? or is it another track design with 'Reverse Loops'?

If it is another track design, then post the image of it as requested and I (we) can provide a tailored R.L solution.