Using Hornby Select to control my sound loco.

Guest Chrissaf

Hiya, how do i toggle the volume on the hornby digital controller for my class 150, I wanted to run my train without the sound, when I put on a DC track the sound is automatic from the train and when I put it on a DCC track it won't event run till you start it up f1 so I had to mute the sound f16 and when I then unmuted the sound f16 the sound was too quite, so I looked in the hornby digital select manual and all it said the volume have a setting between 1-6 and when I muted my train f16 and then unmuted it f16 the volume when straight setting 1 and in the manual all it says push the sound setting (which is f16 for my class 150) and use toggle but it dont show in the digital select manual what do I press to toggle on the controller?

Two vital bits of information that you haven't provided are needed.

Firstly, what is the sound decoder brand (and model if known) fitted to the loco. Hornby TTS sound decoders do not play any sound on DC and do not use the F16 toggle you speak of. Loksound sound decoders for example can play a basic engine sound automatically on DC.

Secondly, what is the firmware revison of your Select controller. Early version Selects cannot send an F16 command. The firmware revision is displayed breifly on screen as the very first number to appear when the Select is powered up. Expect to see a number between 10 and 20.

...so I looked in the Hornby digital Select manual, and all it said the volume have a setting between 1-6

I have electronically searched my PDF versions of the early and later Select manuals, and can not find anything that remotely confirms your statement. Are you sure that you were reading the Select manual and not your decoder manual. The comments you have written I would expect to see in a decoder manual. If it is in the Select manual please quote the Page number it appears on, so it can be reviewed.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/