1 Year guarantee

locojoe

Hio everyone i purchased a new TTS decoder from Hattons 9 month ago 

it just gave up working altogether phoned Hattons there response was we only 

give 6 months garrentee on new items. surely they must give 12 month garrenty

is it by law that they have to give 12,

email Hornby and ask them.

I think it says in the instructions about the guarantee and the Hornby repair service for the TTS sounds decoders. 

I can't say for sure but I think that the warranty is longer than 12 months 

The TTS decoder is guaranteed for a year, against failure and accidental damage, it is on the white sheet that comes in the box RAF96 told me about it. What you have to do is phone/email (email is probably best at the moment) explaining that it has failed and that you would like a returns number. At the moment they are not handling returns in case they get lost, but they will give you a returns number and let you know at a later date when to send it back. I have gone through this same procedure for a class 37 TTS decoder that got damaged. They like to have a copy of the original invoice and if you have it some numbers off the original box. Can you please tell me which loco is it that it got damaged in, it isn't a class 66 by chance? It is important, in case the loco is blowing them up. 

/media/tinymce_upload/eb0dbe423ec14e05e28469863e3e970b.jpg

When you contact Hornby tell them Hattons refused to replace it under warranty.

You will need proof of purchase which if lost you should be able to recover from Hattons if you paid by card no matter what they say.

That is a bit worrying, I have got one of those. I fitted the TTS, did a couple of loops of my layout and then put it back in the box, I have been playing with my really old locos converting them to DCC lately. I thought you were going to say class 66, that is the one I had issues with. I better start doing some more testing on my Miles Beevor.