Digitrax and RM.

Guest Chrissaf

Is your reference to Digitrax SC8C a typo error, should it be SE8C

If so, then the manual for the SE8C says that the signal controller uses LocoNet protocols. LocoNet then gives the ability for the SE8C to implement some level of Digitrax 'detection' features.

Hornby RailMaster does not have a 'LocoNet' interface, so I doubt that the SE8C is compatible with RM.

Digitrax suggest either JMRI or Railroad & Company as compatible software. JMRI is 'open source' software, thus it is totally free to use with no cost to you the 'user'. Note also that JMRI works with Elite too.

The SE8C instructions do state compatibility with 3 wire dual aspect LED signals.

Hi. I have a hornby elite and I want to get railmaster. I am wondering is there a way I can use the  Digitrax sc8c with railmaster. would I need to use the pr4?

And is there a way i can use a standered 12v 2 aspect signal with three wires coming of it with the sc8c. Because I do not want to spend a load of money on signals.

or is there any other way to control a signal like this? And I do not wish to use the Hornby acc decoder.

My interpretation of the manual when it mentions 'Popular LED Signal Types with 2 or 3 leads'. Three leads would be equivalent to 2 aspects [one common return, one lead for red and the third for green]

/media/tinymce_upload/9b974f0c8889c586e5894bb83f78b2b2.jpg

PLUS - Further down the document on Page 11, it also says:

/media/tinymce_upload/2be7bf56ecbd6e1a52cc71e55f309bc0.jpg