Tts sound in class 43 dummy car

Kirkfish

Hi I'm considering fitting my old hst with a tts sound decoder.i will be hard wiring in a 8 pin harness for the decoder and fitting directional led lighing and cab lighting also.i will be doing this in both cars my problem lies in what to do with the power wires to the motor from the decoder.can I just blank them off or will I have to fit another dummy motor to take the power.tia

....in both cars my problem lies in what to do with the power wires to the motor from the decoder. Can I just blank them off or will I have to fit another dummy motor to take the power.

You can operate a decoder for its functional capability without having a motor fitted. So yes, just insulate the orange and grey wires to prevent touching and shorting out. But to minimise the risk of programming issues, I would recommend that the decoder for the dummy is first programmed in the motor car and then physically transferred to the dummy motor car. Lots of decoders can fail to accept programming without a motor load attached.

To be quite honest the dummy car decoder only controls lights and sound so there is not a lot you would want to program. They recommend putting a resistor across the motor outputs to restore the programming capabilty. I think someone recommended about 1 kilo ohms. You have to do the same when you use a decoder as a function decoder.