TTS Sound [fitting to HST Class43]

Guest Chrissaf

Hi, I am using a gaugemaster prodigy advance.

Have a read of your controller instructions to see if you can, and if so how, you access Functions 0 to 28. Not all controllers can access all 29 functions.

The second decoder goes in the dummy car. If there is no socket then this is where modelling skills comes into play. You have to fit one and make a suitable speaker mount. This thread already covers the same question https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tts-sound-in-class-43-dummy-car/?p=1

I contacted Hornby to find out what product I should use with my HST class 43 -product code 3608.I was told to buy the R7140. I fitted the chip and speaker to the power car - only about 25% of the sounds play.Should the second chip and speaker be put in the dummy car? I can't see where it should go in the dummy car. Is it lekely that the chip is fault and should be returned.

Ant suggestions would be welcomed.

I am using a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance.

The Advance only supports F0 to F19 ... see extract from Advance manual below. Thus you can't access any TTS sounds in the F20 to F28 range. Then the added complication is that you have to use the 'shift key' to access F10 to F19 ... in other words direct access from the 'number' keypad only accesses F0 to F9 which is about 25% of the total spot sounds based upon spot sounds being from F2 and above.

To access F20 to F28 you need the Prodigy Advance 2 [Advance version 2].

/media/tinymce_upload/ccd4007f8a6e163078cf3c8bea8cc5d0.jpg

itydog, wrote this:

Hi RAF96,

Thank you for the response. I was niave enough to think all controllers access all functions - the information has reduced my stress levels. Many thanks .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

itydog,

You used the 'Blue Button' in two attempts to leave the text above. The second attempt ended with your text trapped within the buff box. It is a waste of everyones time trying to use the 'Blue Button'. It is not a 'reply to this post' button.

Plus you also used the 'blue button' multiple times on my reply that contained an image. There were perhaps half a dozen image posts that were held back for admin approval where you quoted my image post but did not add any new comment text.

All of your errored replies have now been replaced by this one. Please read TIPs 1 to 3 in my posted 'How to use this forum' page linked below.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/