Bachmann Pannier Missing Chimney

Kevin Hodges

Hi all,

I have a Bachmann (Railway Children GWS) pannier loco and I recently noticed the small brass chimney (plastic) that sits right in front of the cab has gone missing.

Anyone know where I can get a spare ? I tried Bachmann. They are rather abrupt. Sorry, no parts.

Such a small thing, but it just irks me knowing this beautiful little engine is incompete.

If I had a mold I could make one.

Cheers

Kev.

This is the safety valve casing.

Sort of 'coffee pot' shaped.

Hornby Railways example on eBay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1495793379

GWR 57XX Safety valve covers were, I believe, the 'medium' height variety.

Detail parts from suppliers should be available.

Example list from 247 developments...

https://www.247developments.co.uk/loco_detailing.html

To source an actual Bachmann part would possibly involve acquiring a whole body.

Damaged bodies do come up from time to time.

It may be worth a shot at contacting other spares retailers, such as Peter's Spares?

Thanks all,

Yes, that's the one. The safety valve casing.

I'll just have to keep an eye out for one.

By the way, as beautiful as this little engine is, I've had nothing but quality issues and problems with it since I  bought it brand new as part of the Railway Children Collectors Pack.

Out of the box It was missing some hand/grab rails and the internal weights had come loose and I had to

reglue them in place.

Now this part has broken off or come unglued. I managed to source and fit the missing handrails.

It's probably fallen off and is now hiding in a corner or under a cupboard somewhere. One day I'll probably find it ! 😆

There are lots of Bachman Pannier bodies about that can be used for parts as the first version had a really poor chassis with some cogs that stripped. They made very few spares and the later chassis was a different fit. 

Other than that I'd go with Sarah's suggestion of a specific part from one of the small suppliers. 

I am surprised about Bachmann, they have always been really good. When I wanted a pantograph part, they admitted that they didn't do that separate, but I could buy either the pantograph or the whole body with it on.