Llantilio Castle

phil21

Hi 

recently whilst servicing this loco I "cleverly" manged to loose both the body fixing screws

a brass set screw and self tapper.

The service sheet does not give any details on these . Does anybody know the identification of these or if the brass one is a BA tread and its size.

Any help appreciated.

Whilst you wait for a reply, perhaps you would spend a few minutes reviewing the TIPs in the TIP page link below:

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

These screws do not have individual part numbers: for a number of locos they were included in the 'Small Parts' pack - for the Castle X9055, although X8815 for the County is a possible alternative - but neither appear to be available.  As the Castle has always been made in China, the thread of the set screw will be metric.

Generally from my experience the brass screw will either be 8 ba or M2. The self tapper probaby a 2 mm diam self tapper. You might be lucky Hornby usually does an acessory pacj that contains all the screws, the part number should be on the Service Sheet. Usually though Hornby doesn't have any left. If not its EBay. I found laptop screws are usually ok if it is an M2, as for the self tapper, generally the best selection is found by letting EBay search the Chinese venders.