Turning up volume on DCC Sound Bachmann Class 37 loco

Guest Chrissaf

Have Hornby Select Digital Controller.  Tried to increase volume on the loco however doesn't seem to have worked.  Followed advice on the Hornby DCC forum with CV176, 178 and 180.  Loco acknowledges input but sound doesn't increase or decrease.  What am I doing wrong please? 

I assume that your Select has firmware release version 1.6 or 2.0 - please confirm if this is so.

You cannot adjust the appropriate CVs using a Select with firmware version 1.5 or below.

You say the Loco is a Bachmann Class 37 Sound loco. I have two of these and I do not recognise your quoted 176, 178 and 180 CVs. These look more like volume CV's used on Hornby TTS sound decoders.

My Bachmann Class 37 Sound locos have Loksound V4 decoders in them and my Master Volume is CV63.

Extracts from my Loksound V4 manual.

/media/tinymce_upload/696a8257bbc36587bbf9c5ae7bdde362.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/c716122979a152632ac18ecfcf4d6e0a.jpg

Looking at the full list of supported CVs in the Loksound V4 manual [extract below]. The CV list jumps from CV 134 to CV 246 therefore your quoted 176, 178 & 180 CVs are not CVs that are even supported in the Loksound V4.

/media/tinymce_upload/b6f3d7e16ea0906c53eeb0bebf677c54.jpg

Note that the Select even if upgraded to firmware version 1.6 or 2.0 is only able to write to CVs up to CV 255.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

Particularly as my reply includes an image, using the 'Blue Button' may result in your reply being held back for image approval, even though it is an existing image.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/