EO

Terryl

All trains work on my track until I put my new Flying Scotsman DCC fitted train on the track. The controller immediately flashes EO with the red and two green lights on. There is nothing wrong with the track, nor anything visibly wrong with the train. The train worked yesterday.
HELP!

EO stands for 'Emergency Off' ... it is an indication that you have a Hornby Select controller and that your Select is detecting a 'short circuit'. Obviously, your DCC Fitted Flying Scotsman has developed a 'short circuit' fault since yesterday.

EO also indicates that your Select has either version 1.6 or version 2.0 firmware as EO is a new 'error code' feature in those two firmware releases that didn't display in earlier Select firmware versions.

You need a multimeter to measure 'resistance' so that you can diagnose further the root cause of the 'short circuit'. Inspect the underside of the loco carefully in the wheel pickup areas, your FS loco might have picked up some metallic track debris ... a discarded track pin for example.

Haven't got a multimeter?

You can buy a cheap multimeter from eBay for less than £8 delivered.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/