accessory decoder

Ribmike

Can anyone advise. I have purchased the new points decoder, connected it to my select controller. Wired my point motors to the 4 terminals all as per wiring diagrams. Programmed the controller on channels 61 - 64, all seems OK as I get the p5 and p6 on the controller when I select forward and reverse arrows but I get no power to change the points?

Is there something I'm not doing which I can't seem to find on any forum or u tube demo?

Have you by chance wired the Accessory Decoder to the AUX output of the Select.

The Accessory Decoder is a DCC device and needs to be connected to the Track output of the Select controller (which is the same as the track itself).

If it is connected correctly, then it is probably a case, not so much as the Accessory Decoder is not generating point operating power, but more a case that it is not responding to the DCC commands being sent from the controller.

In which case in most probability, you either haven't correctly changed the factory addresses (1 to 4) of the Accessory Decoder to 61 to 64 OR you are not using the correct method to operate the point from the controller.

Of course this is very difficult for us to diagnose remotely as we do not have the luxury of looking over your shoulder and seeing what you are doing.

Therefore it would help if you were to itemise in a list the exact steps you followed using the Select controls and what was displayed on screen at each step .... to:

Firstly, change the addresses to 61 to 64

Secondly, operate a point.

IMPORTANT ... Please do not try and save time and effort by just saying you followed manual instructions. We really need you to state what you did, not what you read. If you could video what you did and post a link to YouTube then that would be the ideal thing to do as that would be us looking over your shoulder.

To advise further, we really do need to know what firmware version your Select has. Tell us the very first number to appear briefly on screen when you power up the Select. Expect to see a number between 10 and 20.

I have purchased the new points decoder,

When you say "the new" points decoder. Do you mean 'a new decoder" OR do you mean "the new Version 2 R8247 points decoder". It is important for us to know what version [original or Version 2] you have.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/