P2 derailing on curves

Guest Chrissaf

I am glad to hear the problem has gone away, for whatever reason, however frustrating that is in not knowing what was causing it in the first place and how it was actually cured in the second.  I try to keep an open mind as to the potential cause of any irregularity and not jump to assumptions that do not always point you in the right faultfinding direction.

I was watching "Sams Trains" review of this loco last night and he highlighted most of the issues with it, but surprisingly he did not have an issue with the front bogie derailing. So either he got a good one or I got a bad one. What he was saying though, was that this is marketed as a non Railroad vesrion but the reality of it was that it was only really Railroad quality.

I have not watched the video but Hornby have issued Cock O' The North in both the main and Railroad ranges as R3207 (or R3246TTS) and R3171, respectively.  Comparing images, the main range version has far superior decoration and detailiing.  However, they are the same mechanically other than updating the main range loco for TTS, part of which is the provision of tender wheel pick-ups.