Running my Loco with RailMaster

Guest Chrissaf

Too vague a query for anyone to be able to help you.

e.g. How have you listed the loco in RM. which controller are you using with RM. Has the decoder been pre-addressed and does that address match that used in RM. Which make and model of decoder is fitted. The list of questions is almost endless and without knowing the answer to these we can’t really answer your question.

There are loads of discussions on here asking much the same question which a search would highlight to you.

As Rob says. Your question is too vague and contains no detail. RailMaster is a software application, therefore there are so many reasons why you can't operate a loco. It could be a problem with the Windows driver not being installed correctly, software communication between RailMaster and the controller. Has the loco been configured within RailMaster correctly, has the loco DCC decoder been installed correctly. As Rob says the list is endless. Diagnosing software related issues is not as straight forward as dealing with a basic hardware only issue. You need to help us to help you. Three lines of text is just not enough information to work from.

In the absence of a full detailed description of what you have done so far** and how you are trying to operate the loco using RailMaster plus the details of RailMaster (what version) the controller (Elite or eLink?)  / locos (brand & model) / decoders (brand & model) you are using then the only thing I can offer you at this time is a link to a Hornby document that supplements the manual. Provide the level of detail requested and we can look at your issue again.

https://www.hornby.com/media/brands/railmaster.pdf

Note**

Start with the Installation of RailMaster itself. How did that go, was it straight forward. Did you have any error messages to deal with, if so how did you deal with them.

What version of RailMaster did you install?, did you right click the installation file and choose 'Run as administrator'?

How did the controller Windows driver installation go ... did that have any issues.

• Post a screen shot of your RailMaster 'System Settings' screen
  • Post a screen shot of your Windows 'Device Manager' screen showing the driver entry.
  • Post a screen shot (or paste the text) of your 'railmaster.ini' file

Have you activated the RailMaster key, if you have, did that cause any issues.

Have you created your track plan in RailMaster yet.

HOW [in detail] have you added your loco to RailMaster. Post a screen shot of the 'Locomotive Settings' screen for your loco.

HOW [in detail] are you trying to operate your loco in RailMaster. Post a screen shot of your Locomotive 'Throttle Window'.

Try this. Change the DCC Address for your locomotive in the 'Locomotive Settings' screen to 03. Does your loco now respond. If it does, then the loco DCC Decoder is still configured on the factory default 03 address and any attempt you might have made to change its address wasn't successful.

Posting all these screen shots is a lot of work, but that is the most efficient way of getting support from forum members. Bear in mind, we can not see what you can see. We cannot look over your shoulder. We can only analyse the information you give us.

With regard on-line video tutorials. I have in the past, spent several hours searching YouTube for RailMaster videos that I feel I could recommend in replies to forum questions. All the ones I have seen have been complete rubbish, presented by users that haven't got a clue. Definitely a case of the 'blind leading the blind'. Not helped by the fact that many of the videos available on-line relate to much earlier versions of RailMaster and don't necessarily reflect the issues of the current RailMaster versions.

Read TIP 8 in my link below regarding 'How to post images'. Note that posted images will be held back for Hornby forum administrator approval which may not happen until next week now. Alternatively, post your images on an Internet public image hosting site and provide links to them back in the thread.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Hey guys, I seem to be having troubles running my loco on railmaster. I have watched a couple of tutorials on the internet and read the guide but my loco doesn't run. It is showing on railmaster but it just isn't moving. Please help.