Wiring Hornby Points for DCC

Flightsimer

Hi, sorry if this topic has been covered before, I can't seem to find anything and thought I'd ask the experts.

ive eventually got my train laid out, it's not secured yet as I've to add the point motors etc.

ive gone with all Hornby track and points and I've bought the Hornby Accessory Decoders.

the point motors I'm using are the Guagemaster PM1.

So heres my questio. How do I wire up the points for DCC operatio? I've googled online and found some who used electrofrog points from Pleco and had to wire the frog to switch polarit.

Do I have to add any wires to the Hornby points apart from the wires from the motor to the accessory decoder? I've read about the Hornby clips for the points, I have bought a few packs of these in case I need them.

Any advice would be appreciate, my old Railway was DC so DCC is all new to me.

thankyou

If you have used track reclaimed from your previous DC layout, then you might be using DC Analogue track power connectors R602 or R8206. If you are, note that these are not compatible with DCC. Either use R8241 or R8242 or modify the R602 / R8206 products to make DCC friendly. The mod involves opening up the connectors and snipping out any capacitor you find inside them soldered across the two track rails.

Hornby do not make or sell Electrofrog track products, therefore you do not need to concern yourself with installing any additional wires to Hornby point frogs.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/