Tts sound in lima locos

Kirkfish

Hi I've recently retro fitted my lima class 47 with a tts chip.trouble is the volume as standard is very low I've tried adjusting cv161 and 182 volume cvs but no look.ive previously done the same to my hornby 37s and both I can adjust the volume settings with my select controller which is running version 1.6.any help much appreciated 

Are you using the factory supplied speaker or an after market one?

If after market, could it be a speaker with an Impedance higher than 8 Ohms, say 40 Ohms or 100 Ohms for example.

If it's a factory supplied speaker, then maybe the speaker is faulty or the Amp output of the decoder is faulty.

when running sound on the main does the sound actually change when adjusted e.g. apply value zero to ensure it turns off and then value 8 which should be noticably louder. Is there any response at all. 

There was a small batch of tts diesels where the master volume was offset upwards so try CV184. Regardless of that the individual volume setting CVs should work.

If not read the value of CV7 and I can pass the decoder ID back to Hornby for comment.