Hornby R8236 cable

M109 RA

Hi all.

I have the 3m cable. but only need one 1m long.  I have tried one from bespoke cables

but when i try to use it, the Select unit throws up a CE error code, which is something to

do with the cable, any ideas, or does anyone know where I can get a cable that works?

Stuart

Assuming that you are asking about a cable to use to connect a Select controller as a walkabout ... then note the following:

Firstly the R8236 is still mentioned in some old Hornby documentation as a 'Walkabout' cable. Hornby found that this cable caused operational issues for some users and replaced it with an R8266 cable. The easiest way to tell the two cables apart is that the R8236 is a flat sheathed cable and the R8266 is a round sheathed cable. For new cable purchases you should look to source the replacement R8266. The R8266 can also be used in other situations where Hornby document the use of a R8236 ... for example with their now obsolete booster.

The R8266 is now not available for new supply from Hornby, but there are some third party sellers, selling certified R8266 clone pattern part cables in different lengths.

A similar question about this cable was raised recently. So rather than 'reinventing the wheel' look at the thread on the link below:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/elite-start-up-problems/?p=1/#post-340905

Read the 2nd and 7th posts down on the page. The 7th post down contains working clickable links to R8266 cable suppliers.

When you look at the third link in my 7th post on the page. Note that the listing is for a 3 metre cable, but if you scroll down a bit, the same seller is selling a 1 metre version as well, where there is a clickable link to the 1 metre cable page.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Note: Forum has a BUG at present that prevents making URL links clickable and also prevents any images being posted. So all links above will need to be 'copy and pasted' into your browser.