Decoder 'Reset' using the Elite

Guest Chrissaf

Hi.

Hi a short while ago I spoke with a tech guy who talked me through a decoder reset to

factory settings, unfortunatly I did not take notes.  Hotnby tech dept is not working at this momement.

Does anyone out there know hoe to do this?

Or is it too long winded to describe here?

Stuart

Place your loco on the 'Programming Track' connected to the 'PROG A&B' output of the Elite and write a value of 8 [step 9 in the list] to CV8 [step 7 in the list].

This methodology assumes the starting point is a freshly booted (powered up) Elite displaying 003. Written on the basis of Elite firmware 1.41 or higher [CV8 write method tested on version 1.44].

'Controller 1' is the left hand side rotary speed knob.

Note that the stated 'screen displays' comments below [items 6 to 9 in the list] are split over two rows of the screen display and not all on one line.

Be careful to press 'Controller 1' carefully. Sometimes the act of pressing the controller, accidentally moves it rotationally and selects the next or previous item in the 'Menu' list by mistake. So do check the screen display after each press to confirm it says, what I have written in the list. If the wrong item is displayed, use the 'Escape' button to take a 'back track step' in the menu system and try again.

1. Press 'Menu' button - screen displays "Loco"
  2. Press 'Controller 1' - screen displays "Direct"
  3. Press 'Controller 1' - screen displays "Address"
  4. Rotate 'Controller 1' until screen displays "CV"
  5. Press 'Controller 1' - screen displays "CV Write"
  6. Press 'Controller 1' - screen dispays "CV 0000 W"
  7. Rotate 'Controller 1' until screen displays "CV 0008 W"
  8. Press 'Controller 1' - screen displays "CV 0008 W 000"
  9. Rotate 'Controller 1' until screen displays "CV 0008 W 008"
  10. Press 'Controller 1' - Red LED should start to flash indicating write is in progress.

Perhaps if anyone ever talks to someone in Hornby about Elite upgrades, it would be a really good enhancement to use one of the keys as an "enter key" in programming mode. The ACC key seems like a good candidate. That would get rid of the issues with the controller key moving, when you click it.

If it wasn't for the current forum BUG that is preventing the upload of images (as well as clickable URL links), then you can add an avatar image yourself. Once logged into your forum account, you go to your forum account page and you upload an avatar image from there. The image you submit has to be approved by Hornby forum staff and will not appear straight away [unless you have been granted instant image posting rights].

You will have to wait for the image upload BUG to be fixed first, then upload an image. Note that the image needs to be a supported image file format [i.e JPG or JPEG] and 100 x 100 pixels. The size of image is important to comply with.

Where to find the avatar upload page and the exact 'step by step' process is described in this previous thread.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/avatar-16640/

Unable to make the link clickable at present due to the forum BUG. Copy and Paste the URL text manually into your browser.

Note also, that since Adam the previous full time forum administrator left Hornby at Christmas [2019]. I have not seen any members new Avatar image successfully published. This seems to infer that the Hornby staff looking after the forum in Adam's absence are either not looking at Avatar requests or treating them as very low priority.

Probably accounts for why this forum BUG is still not fixed after nearly a fortnight i.e lack of priority by available staff during this Covid staffing issue.

@Chrisaf

Quote "You will have to wait for the image upload BUG to be fixed first, then upload an image. Note that the image needs to be a JPG or JPEG and 100 x 100 pixels. The size of image is important to comply with."

PNG & GIF images can also be used.

Yes I know Rog. It also states that IN MY OWN post that I suggested the OP followed for instruction. I just kept the 'How To' part of my reply above in this thread 'basic' as JPG [JPEG] is the most common supported file format with a 'pointer' to look at the instruction thread for the detail. Animated GIFs can also be used as you know, as you use one yourself.