My train set won't move

Jaimit

Hello, 

A while ago I got the cornish carrier, I set it up properly with all the track connected properly and the wires alos connected wiht the plug in the socket. I turned up the controller but my train didn't move. It only moved when i pushed it down. The controller light was also on. Can anyone help me or tell me what has gone wrong. 

I assume although you don't say it that you are using the controller that came with the set, so the controller light, lights up to sav that there is power being fed to the track. Did it move far when you pushed it down? So if it moves a bit that means the track has power. Its is either the loco pickups are not working properly, or when you push it down it forces a connection on the track. You could try just laying out a couple of pieces of track , put the power on it and seeing if it works. The other thing could be a dirty track where it has been stored. 

Taking care to avoid any damage, are you certain the locomotive is operating OK?

Turn upside down, all connected where required and touch the pick-up wheels with a 9V battery - assuming it is DC only - all running OK?

Feeding in the pick-up connector can be a little tricky as well - often pushes out and disconnects power.

The R8250 / similar which routinely comes with sets is only any use for 0-4-0 / small and light locomotives. Any larger, as intimated in Colin's response require more power and these controllers are prone to cutting out.

Al.

Jaimet,

You will have better luck with your reply attempts if you would just ignore the 'Blue Button with White Arrow'. I have removed your malformed blue button quotes as they had no new text of your own in them.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/