When is service not service?

Scanman

I purchased a entry level mixed traffic DCC set to build into a reasonable sized layout (8X4) - neither engine would pass over the Hornby points without stopping/stuttering. Emailed and was questioned about the clips on the points, was the track clean (brand new).
In frustration I enlisted the help of a local modeler who as many years of experience - track allowed all his locos to pass the points ?? He checked the alignment of the wheels and one axel was misaligned on both 0-6-0 loco's and the electrical pickups needed adjustment - gave the guy £20 as a thank you. Sorted. Reported this to Hornby as suggested that a £20 gift voucher to cover my costs - agreed in principle - 4 weeks later still waiting.
If this is the service I get, begs the question why Rails of Sheffield have dropped Hornby after 35 years - are they getting the same lack of service??

Anything at this moment in time takes a long time, a response from them takes about a week to two weeks. It is probably because they are all working from home. To receive a refund it probably takes a lot of people to approve, so that is probably the reason why. I know it is frustrating, but be patient it seems it takes ages for them to do anything at the moment. The thing that surprises me is that they were wrong, that is really poor quality control, I thought bad wheel spacing was a thing of the past.