Digital track will not work [EO error on Select]

Guest Chrissaf

/media/tinymce_upload/f88729fdf9332dd928363997e97b6d1f.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/7067a21002666d5e336dd01c11a2f853.JPGHi  new to trains since may , new hl4 set , worked ok , tried to increase track size , new 8073/8075 etc  having problems ,pu tmetal  power pins in ( presume plastic are not needed anywhere on digital ??) built track up bit by bit using tracktester but EO message on select unit , undo small track and it lights up dont understand checked all fishplates etc , even renewed some , had outer 2 rails working but then when i add other tracks same EO message , can anuone help please , can send photos of track 

Sometimes brand new Hornby points leave the factory with a 'short circuit' fault on them. This issue gets posted on this forum every couple of months or so. You might possibly have one of these. You say you undo small track? and it lights up [unfortunately a somewhat vague statement]. Are any points associated with this 'small track'. I suggest that you remove any new points that you have added, one at a time and see which one if any remove the Select EO error. Remember that you might have to reset the Select each time a point is removed to cancel the EO error message. I don't have a Select, but my Elite does not auto reset after the removal of a short and I have to press the Elite 'Escape Key' to reset the error code.

Looking at your images, there do not appear to be any 'Reverse Loops' in the design that could account for a 'short circuit'.

EO error on a Select controller indicates the detection of a 'short circuit' condition across the track.

Do you have more than one connection from the Select to the track?  If so, you may have connected them incorrectly.  Both must connect Select track output A to rail A and then B to B.  If you've connected one A to A and the other A to B, then you will have a short.

Easy to check, just disconnect one and see if it cures the OL.  If it does, swap the wires on the other, reconnect and problem should be fixed.

Or maybe you've just one connection to the Select, then another connection from part of the track to another part of the track.  Remove this second connection and see if the problem is cured.  Assuming you are using DCC Point Clips on all points, the second connection isn't necessary anyway.  But again, you can put it back after swapping the wires.

If you have only one connection to the Select, then revert to Chris's possible faulty point.