No sound on Class 67 TTS sound decoder

Scubaphot

Iv just replaced my standard 8pin dcc decoder on my class 67 with a sound decoder ! Every thing fitted ok no problem fitting speaker etc programmed ok but no functions working for sound ! Am I missing a trick or is it malfunctioning ? Any tips to try before returning it ? My Scotsman works fine and I'm using an Elite controller

Have you actually turned the sounds 'ON' by first sending F1 to the decoder?

Writing a value of 5 to CV8 will perform a factory reset of the decoder sound functions.

Writing a value of 8 to CV8 will perform a full decoder factory reset and also revert the DCC address to 03. Test the decoder again on the factory default before attempting to change anything is always worth doing first.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

I had one like this about a year ago. Admittedly it was a P2 one, but they are all the same just with a different sound profile, worked perfectly as a decoder but no sound. It is a return job.It would be interesting to know internally what is wrong, but it is academic as you cannot fix it. Either return it to the Dealer or get a return number off of Hornby.