RailMaster APP

Guest Chrissaf

After registering my real master app with activation key successfully worked for a short time  my hand-held device went offline now when it connects to real master it just says device not registered I re-entered the activation key and it states device registered but when I connect with the device it says device not registered can anyone help

As part of the move of your post to this forum, I have edited the title from "Real master app". It is 'RailMaster' not 'Real master'.

I'm afraid your description doesn't really accurately describe your issue. When dealing with the hand-held APP, registration could mean key registration, but it could also mean 'registering the hand-held device to the RailMaster PC' which is something completely different.

If you haven't re-configured your RailMaster PC from a dynamic DHCP IP Address to a 'static' IP address as part of setting it up, your issue might just be that the IP address has dynamically changed on your RailMaster PC or your Hand-Held device and the hand-held device has just lost its IP connection registration to RailMaster.

You also haven't told us which hand-held device you are trying to connect. Is it an iPad, is it an Android, is it a Smart Phone, is it a Tablet etc.

The reason I believe your issue is an IP communication issue is that you wrote and I quote:

...worked for a short time  my hand-held device went offline now when it connects to RailMaster it just says device not registered

• It "worked for a short time" indicates that the actual software registration key has been accepted successfully. If there had been an issue with the software registration, it would never have worked.
  • The "my hand-held device went offline now ..... it just says device not registered" indicates that the going off-line may have instigated your Hand-Held device to revert back to its original default IP Address. This would cause the Hand-Held device to lose communication with RailMaster.

I strongly suspect that you have not followed all the 'how to set this up' guidance in the 'Hand-Held' manual correctly.

These existing previous threads might give you some appropriate guidance [clues]:

Mobile APP IP Addressing [iPhone]

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/iphone-as-handset/?p=1/#post-327156

Mobile APP IP Addressing [iPad] ADDENDUM to the post above.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/railmaster-and-ipad-31687/?p=1

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  I have the same problem with my Samsung Tab S2  running Android 7.  Railmaster Pro ( Windows10) on booting up goes through finding e link and elite and then sets the points.  A screen then comes up saying:-

Warning: Railmaster configured for remote yet network configuration is set to obtain IP address automaticaly.

The IP address on both Windows laptop and tablet are static to to a differant value each.  So I cancel this.   Railmaster runs fine.

When I then run the tablet it loads up the points and locos but wont let me select any locos.  It will control the top loco in the list however.  

When I then try to re-run the tablet software a message comes up in railmaster saying the software has not been activated and will only run in trial mode.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Short answer .... none .... well not any definitive solution ones.

Being in trial version mode, probably accounts for why you can only control the top loco. The trial version will impose limitations on what is functional.

The question that you need to ask yourself, is have you 'paid for a mobile license' and activated it. It sounds like you haven't.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Yeah,  The handheld app is paid for and activated.  When I try to put the key back in it tells me it is already registered.

The two main issues are the incorrect IP message at the start which is odd,   and the fact that it loads all the locos (7) and the points the first time but when I try to run it again because I can't access any of the locos other than the top one it tells me it isn't activated.  Very strange. wondering about android being quite old??

Probably some odd setting somewhere on the laptop which I will need to find as not enough real estate on the laptop for points and locos.

Thanks for your quick response.