Lights

Paul10470

I have a bacxxxx class 66 and class 47 and a horxxx class 31 the problem i have is that lights only work in one direction . I have a new Elite supplied by hornby with v 1.4 due to my previous Elite being faulty ,now the same problem occured with my old

Elite . I have fitted 2 21 pin bacxxx decoders in different locomotives which are bachxxxx and the problem still occurs and fitted the hornxx decoder in 3 different Hornxx locos to eliminate the problem , so after trial and error i dont think its the decoders

Help would be apreciated

I do not know about the class 31, but for the 66 and the 47, you have the ability to turn off the rear lights by a switch on the bottom of the loco.
if you have not accidently moved these switches, i suggest you contacteach manufacturers service departments

for advice. i had a recent problem with a desiro unit with its lights which turned out to be a faulty decoder. incidently, that decoder was also a bacxxxx 21 pin.
may be not much help to you, but it is the best suggestion. please note that i did have a

problem when trying to run this type of decoder on elite v1.3 and an old select. i have no problems on version 1.4 with this decoder.
tsclass87

Archived